A recipe by Léa Weimann
Good morning! Are you looking for a simple, delicious and nutritious vegan breakfast that will give you an energy kick? Here is a new favourite of mine – Chocolate Overnight Oats.
- 1 cup of oats
- ½ cup of bran
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, cut into small pieces
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 2 cups of plant-based milk
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mash the banana and gently mix it in with the dry ingredients
- Add the plant-based milk, raisins and apple pieces and then mix it together with a fork
- Either you can put the overnight oat mixture in a lunch box, glass jars or simply leave it in the bowl
- Then put it in the fridge and leave it there overnight.
- Viola – your breakfast is ready for the next morning!
- If you wish you can then top the overnight oats with fresh fruit, cocoa nibs and soy yogurt.
Hope you enjoy.