Reasons to cycle to school:
- It improves our local environment, as bicycles in contrast to cars do not emit greenhouse gases that are responsible for climate change.
- Cycling saves time. In busy urban areas, especially around schools cycling is often faster than taking the car and you do not need a family chauffeur.
- It saves money for fuel and reduces overall fuel consumption.
- It reduces the traffic on the school campus and enhances the air quality in schools.
- Cyclists are four times faster than pedestrians. It is a good exercise and trains your body and your endurance.
- You can use shortcuts with bikes that are forbidden for cars.
- You can form groups and cycle to school together and create more community life.
- A fun way of making a difference for our environment.
“Be the change that you want to see”
Make a difference!